“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou
Happy 2020! I hope that the New Year is good for you, your family, your friends, and all the other people of this planet!
Maya Angelou’s observation about affecting people and making them feel valuable is, perhaps, an observation we would all do well to heed. How can we affect the way others feel? There are a couple of simple things we can do:
- We can tell others that they are loved, respected, and needed. We can tell them what they and their efforts mean to us. How much energy does it take to say, “Thank you so much for helping me clean a room, or write a recommendation?” Or to say, “You mean so much to my children, mother, or friend?”
- We can listen, really listen to the stories others tell us – about their heartbreaks or successes. We can express empathy. Perhaps we had a similar meltdown or made a similar mistake. It’s not something we wanted to repeat, nor is it something the other person wants to repeat. Empathize with the person and ask how they think they can avoid such a calamity or mistake in the future. Help them find their answers.
So now we get to the concrete issues of 2020. The New Year and a new decade are upon us and you probably have some resolutions for what you’d like to change in 2020, don’t you?
But there’s a problem…
Resolutions are difficult to keep because we usually employ our willpower to carry them out, and willpower isn’t a very effective tool against subconscious patterns and habits.
Did you know that only 9% of people meet their goals each year? Also, by just writing your goals down you are 39.9% more likely to achieve your goals. That is why I encourage people to write out their goals.
It’s a good thing there are experts to help guide us through the ways we CAN make those positive changes in our lives!
- Workshop: 2020 Goal Setting for Success in 2020 with Accountability, Balance, and Success.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, January 29, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Place: Constant Contact Headquarters, Reservoir Place, 1601 Trapelo Road, 3rd floor, Waltham, MA 02451
At this event, you will have the opportunity to write out your goals and your values for 2020. Please come to my Complimentary Workshop: to Set Your Personal & Professional Goals for 2020. Everyone is welcome! You do not need to be a Medical Device Professional. The objective of this workshop is to start everyone off with appropriate goals for the New Year.
There is no charge for attending the workshop. However, you will have an opportunity, not a requirement, to donate to Boston Children’s Hospital. The suggested donation is $10 — $20 and over $25 will get you a copy of my “Motivation Now” book. If you cannot attend, you can still contribute to this cause. Click here to do so.
This is about starting the year in gratitude by giving to a worthy cause. Giving is not only a December activity; we can contribute gifts throughout the year. Together we can make the world a better place.
Please RSVP using the registration link. This will help me plan for snacks and room set-up. Feel free to email me with your comments and goals for the workshop. First come, first serve so register today.
I look forward to spending the evening with you on Wednesday, January 29. You will leave with some tangible goals and a mini-road map for going forward in 2020.
Encourage your friends and colleagues to come, so everyone can be on the same page about what it takes to be successful by learning how to set Personal & Professional Goals for 2020.
You will leave the session with:
- Your theme
- Your top core values
- A methodology for setting goals
- Three to four achievable goals
At 8:00 PM, there will also be FREE drawings for some prizes.
I hope to see you there. The Eventbrite link is www.bit.ly/Goals2020MDP. I can help you put personal and professional goals in place for 2020 to make it your Best Year Ever!
With gratitude and best wishes,
Lisa Sasso, Executive Coach & Motivational Speaker
As your trusted adviser, Lisa empowers you to use passion to live your best life and achieve your goals with confidence, accountability, gratitude and balance.
For more information on my services and offerings, please visit my website (www.MedDevCoach.com), or for a specific topic, click the associated link below:
- Receive my Free (monthly) Motivational Message
- Book your own Personal Assessment
- Book your in-depth Discovery Session
- One on One, Group or Corporate Coaching
- Transitioning Groups – (Medical Device Professionals)
- Motivational Speaking Testimonials
- Executive Coaching Testimonials
- Upcoming Events
Please contact me if you have any questions or feedback on this message.