As one more added benefit, I will be offering my clients small transitioning conference calls once a month. These calls will focus on key skills, lessons learned, networking & interviewing skills and setting goals. There will also be sharing of tips and tricks to be more productive and efficient in their job search. This is just one more way I can give back to the industry and those in need. For more information, please send me an email.
Recent recommendations from people in transition:
“I had the opportunity to work with Lisa for several months as part of my transition into the medical device industry. She was a great source of guidance not only regarding specifics of the industry and local companies, but also to ensure that I was striving for a mix of goals to ensure balance of career, family, health, and personal interests. I’m also thankful to Lisa for helping me establish valuable industry connections who have generously offered feedback and advice to help me fine tune my approach. She naturally wanted to understand the big picture and then find ways to help me succeed.” – Jan P.
“Lisa provided me with great support as an executive coach during a career transition. She helped me with setting the right goals and making sure I was balancing the professional and personal parts of my life. She also made sure that I stayed on track with my networking activities, Lisa is a great person who really knows how to connect with people at multiple levels. She is always positive and enthusiastic and that rubs off on people around her. In addition, Lisa is well connected in the medical device community and introduced me to many great people in that field helping me to expand my network. I highly recommend Lisa as an executive coach and would not hesitate to contact her to explore how she can help you.” -Marc L.
“I had the pleasure of working with Lisa as my coach during a career transition time. Lisa encouraged me to me slow down and do proper due diligence examining all aspects of my life before delving into work-related questions. She helped me set challenging but realistic personal and professional goals tailored to my situation. Lisa provided good context and consideration as ultimately committed to a new employer. Through a combination of structure and flexibility, Lisa made herself available as needed. She remained enthusiastic and supportive throughout our engagement.”
“The Medical Device Sector in MA is a very strong sector because MA has a highly educated workforce and outstanding universities and hospitals. The Medical Device Industry continues to be a key sector for employment and new opportunities.” – Lisa Sasso
(See the statistics below from Mass Medic 19th Annual Meeting 5-6-2015)
Mass Medic Annual Report See full report here.
- “480 MA companies focus on Med Devices.”
- MA companies “20% growth from 2011.”
- MA Med Dev employment ranked #3 nationally. MA is at 6% employment only .3% behind MN which is 6.3%.
- “MA is ranked #1 in tech IP licenses held by hospitals, research institutions and universities moving ahead of CA the last 10 years.”
- “MA is ranked #1 in patents per capita.”
- “MA ranks #1 in Medical Device exports as a percentage of total exports across all industries.”
For more facts and figures on how MA ranks in other areas, see Mass Medic Annual report. The 5 bullets above are all derived from the Mass Medic Annual report.
Medtech Job Market Heats Up by Jamie Hartford – Medical Device a recruiters report- 9/21/2015
“Recruiters say demand for qualified job candidates is outstripping supply in the medical device and diagnostic industry.”
- Employee Market for the second year in a row.
- MedTech need to increase outsourcing to fulfill its manufacturing needs
- Long tenured employees are valued. (experience is appreciated)
Some of the Hottest sectors in the Industry — according to Cole in the Medtech article.
- Health IT
- Wearable Devices
Other sectors mentioned in the article:
- Combination Devices
Free Skill Set Classes for Current Customers.
- Oct 26, 2016, Free Skill Set Class: How to improve your Linked In Profile!
- Nov 23, 2016, Free Skill Set Class: Interview Preparation
- Dec 21, 2016, Free Skill Set Class: Targeting Customers
Upcoming and recent Transitioning into Medical Devices Event & Panel
- Transitioning into & within the Medical Device Industry link here – (Sept 28, 2016)
Lisa- presenter and moderator of a panel of Medical Device Professionals.
- Working in the Medical Device Industry- Engineers Need both Soft & Hard Skills to Maximize their Opportunity link here (PAST EVENT – VIDEO LINK AVAILABLE)
Lisa Sasso, Executive Coach & Motivational Speaker, Medical Device Partners and John Sasso, Medical Device Product Development & Commercial Consultant, Sasso Solutions
Currently scheduling Transition calls. For more information, please send me an email.